Job Description Back
The Senior Sale Representative will capitalize on Key Solutions’ growth opportunities by selling the company’s products and services. The representative will be responsible for all aspects of sales strategy from identifying new markets to meeting sales targets in a competitive environment. The representative must identify high value projects, cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers, match company products and services to customer requirements, define a winning strategy, and successfully close sales. Our software products are primarily used by the Office of Research for their Institutional Review Boards (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC), Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBC), Radiation Safety Committees (RSC), Chemical Safety Committees (CSC), Stem Cell Committees (SCRO), Lab Animal Resources Management (LARS), Lab Animal Health Records (LAHS), Conflict of Interest (COI), and Pre and Post-Award Grant Management (eGrants).
- Define strategy for the entire sales process by conducting market analysis, competition analysis, solutions strategy, needs assessment, value proposition, proposal development in response to RFPs, and sales closure strategy.
- Establish new accounts by identifying strategic prospects and developing relationships with their executives and officers.
- Strategic account management of existing clients selling additional products and professional services
- Cultivate trustful and respectful customer relationships by understanding customer needs and matching company products and services accordingly.
- Understand each software module thoroughly and perform product demonstrations at in-person meetings, vendor shows, and internet webinars.
- Responsible for attaining monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets, establishing strategic business relations with targeted accounts. Maintain accurate and complete records of contacts and exchanges for analysis of sales efforts and future trends in the CRM system.
- Provide feedback to management about the market trend, product enhancements and new product ideas based on customer feedback.
- Communicate issues relevant to sales processes to the company management, collaborate with the implementation team, and product development team to assure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred but not essential
- 5-10 years in software sales or related field; of which 2+ years of experience must be in University, Hospital, Pharma, or Clinical Research.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Dynamic personality and hunter mentality
- Experience with Offices of Research Administration and Compliance in universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms, and/or government institutes is a huge plus.
Key Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.