Job Description Back
The Project Manager, coordinating closely with customer and internal teams (sales, contract management, implementation management, R&D, and finance) is responsible for planning, execution, and successful implementation of our Clinical Research Platform, products, and services for our customers. The Project Manager manages cross-functional teams who are responsible for delivering the approved projects on time, within budget, and with quality results. The Project Manager assists Management where required.
- Be a project manager with a strong record of achieving results and be the prime contact for customers during implementation and deployment of our software and services.
- Be responsible and proactively focus on project organization, project plans, project communication, project documentation, and stakeholder involvement to ensure the success of the project, including scope and change request management.
- Must have a strong ownership and bias to take action to achieve success and have rock star up-for-anything attitude and be a go-getter. Quality is the key and we maintain high standards and we hold you to it.
- Establish performance metrics and KPIs for the team and also for each engagement. Leveraging this data and your experience, focus on identifying and implementing initiatives to build a good team of leaders with required domain knowledge and other required skills to make every customer engagement successful and delight the customer. KSI is obsessed with customer success and completing implementations on time or before time in an innovative manner.
- Lead, develop, engage, motivate, mentor, and coach cross-functional teams and, if necessary, take corrective action to stay focused on customer success and successful implementations and within the budget
- Achieve a minimum rating of 4 out of 5 on customer satisfaction surveys conducted during various stages of implementation
- You must develop an in-depth knowledge of the product functionality and must be able to give a demo of the product(s) to customers.
- You must develop domain knowledge and in-depth product functionality to understand the customer requirements and needs so that implementations could be completed on or before time and delight the customer
- Mentor, train, and develop teams on domain knowledge, performance, and career progression
- Work closely with project sponsor and stakeholders in defining project goals and objectives as well as planning and delivering the project
- Conduct pre-kick-off and kick-off meetings to establish and communicate project plans, milestones, goals, and associated processes.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities of the organization
- Ensure the prime objective -- “customer success” -- is always met.
- Build and deliver project plans by reviewing current and forecasted workplans, determining resource requirements to achieve project target timelines and quality expectations. Continuously innovate and improve project management methodology and processes to achieve customer success.
- Establish and manage communication and risk management plans.
- Monitor and track project progress and work efforts on a daily basis, and report project status to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with customer and internal teams to develop work/change orders when needed due to changes in scope, schedules, and dependencies.
- Recommend product enhancements and new product opportunities to the Product Management team.
- Work closely with sales and implementation services to scope and estimate customer engagements (pre-sale).
- Concurrently work on multiple customer implementation engagements.
- Be flexible and, if needed, work 10 to 12 hours in a day and also work at various timings to participate and coordinate with our global partners/customers who are in different time zones to ensure customer needs are met.
- Frequent travel (and stay) is required as a part of the project implementations or tradeshows. Coordinate and manage site visits. 25+% travel may be required
- Take on other assigned responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor degree
- Relevant experience of managing IT projects related to clinical research and administration
- 4+ years of IT project management experience, planning, tracking and managing projects that successfully met timelines and budgets
- Formal project management training and/or certification (PMP Certification is a strong plus)
- Proficient in software projects/products implementation
- Experience in using project management and presentation tools
- Experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize, work creatively, and perform tasks in solving problems in time-critical situations
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of working concurrently on multiple customer engagements
Key Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.