Job Description Back
The Director of Business Development is a result-oriented leader and responsible for market analysis; identifying market trends; meet face to face with CEOs, VPs of Research, and/or other executives to identify the business and technical needs and to establish strategic relationships; and develop comprehensive solution and market strategies to support an aggressive growth strategy through the acquisition of new clients, additional offerings with existing clients and the development of innovative offerings to both new and existing clients and a robust development pipeline to ensure continued short and long term growth.
Key Solutions customer base is comprised of university research centers, academic medical centers, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies, specifically the Office of Research for their Institutional Review Boards (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC), Institutional Bio-safety Committees (IBC), Radiation Safety Committees (RSC), Chemical Safety Committees (CSC), Stem Cell Committees (SCRO), Animal Facilities Management, Conflict of Interest (COI), Pre and Post-Award Grant Management, and Clinical Trials Management. Our solutions range from out-of-the box solutions to highly configured ones deployed either as customer-hosted or as cloud-based SaaS.
- Identify, lead, and negotiate strategic deals, allianes, and partnerships.
- Identify and validate new markets, including international markets, and additional use cases for Key Solutions products.
- Develop strong understanding of Key Solutions products and competition.
- Perform market analysis, identify market-trends and customer segments, establish go-to-market plans and market strategies.
- Match product and service offerings with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and solution strategies; proactively engage other new business opportunities.
- Establish a network of contacts in the industry to identify potential strategic partnerships.
- Establish, develop and maintain new business relationships with prospective clients and generate new strategic business.
- Understand the business and technical requirements of the prospective clients and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Define and develop marketing campaigns, promotional activities, sales programs, publicizing the product through the press/media, sales force, and alternate distribution channels, and manage product success in the market place.
- Drive/develop product collateral (brochures, data sheets, web content, direct mail campaign cards, presentations, etc.) and other Sales tools.
- Identify key industry events, outreach to prospective clients, and coordinate and execute participation.
- Drive/Develop press and PR strategy to increase industry awareness.
- Drive and deliver demand generation activities that lead to a strong sales pipeline.
- Conduct marketing studies and create effective marketing program.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to develop and execute marketing plans.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, conferences, and seminars.
- Travel as required/needed.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or equivalent. MBA is a plus
- 6+ years experience in Software/IT Business Development of which 2-3 year experience in marketing
- Demonstrated ability in engaging and influencing C-level as well as VP, and Director level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate solutions and their value to IT and business executives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills.
- Excellent leader with entrepreneurial mindset and interpersonal skills.
- Domain expertise toward effective marketing strategy, positioning, and promotion, demonstrated through samples of plans created.
Key Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.