Job Description Back
If you have experience with research administration or regulatory compliance, including work with Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs) and/or Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBCs) or working in a sponsored projects office with pre-award and post-award grants and contracts, and have excellent customer service skills, you may be the right match for this position.
We are looking for someone with a background in research administration or research compliance who is organized, detail oriented who can provide technical and professional support to customers using Key Solutions applications which facilitate the operation of various review boards, e.g., the Institutional Review Board (IRB), the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), and the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC); assist in the management of research resources; and sponsored projects. In this position you will work with world class research institutions helping them resolve their issues and get the most out of the Key Solutions software applications. The successful applicant will work multiple issues simultaneously involving customers and internal support teams to help resolve customer issues and assist customers in using the systems to be successful in their job.
If you have knowledge of research administration or research compliance, a passion to help people and help them solve their problems, this is the job for you. You will work with great groups of people, both customers and internal staff, in an interesting, fast-paced environment.
- Leverage your knowledge of regulatory compliance and/or research administration to help customers use the Key Solutions applications to analyze protocols and supporting documents to ensure conformance with all applicable regulations, statutes, policies, and procedures
- Aid customers in using the Key Solutions software application to perform regulatory committee reviews of human subjects and animal subject protocols, including management of Institutional Review Board (IRB) committee, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), and Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), along with other regulatory committee functions, such as creation of agendas, minutes, memos, and other documentation for investigators
- Help customers use the application to communicate with investigators and assist research staff with study preparation, including grants and contracts
- Help customers in their development of educational programs for investigators, research personnel, and others to promote institutional compliance with research regulations
- Work with limited supervision to provide technical and professional support to customers using the Key Solutions regulatory compliance applications e.g., the Institutional Review Board, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, the Institutional Biosafety Committee applications
- Identify and share best practices with respect to pre-award grant preparation and submission; post-award tracking and reporting; protocol creation and processing, including reviewing regulatory or mandated compliance requirements, and reporting
- Build upon established processes, procedures, and escalation mechanisms for resolving customer issues in a timely manner with a minimal number of interactions while exceeding customer expectations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to coordinate and facilitate customer focused activities
- Learn about Key Solutions applications and work with customers to improve their overall use and satisfaction with Key Solutions applications
- Serve as a regulatory resource for Key Solutions staff company wide
- Pass along customer service requests to the appropriate personnel
- Develop strong working relationships and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Keep track of progress on requests
- Communicate progress back to customers in a timely fashion
- Follow established processes, procedures, and escalation mechanisms to ensure timely resolution
- Generate reports and metrics for management along with recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Follow through on commitments
- Make recommendations for corrective and preventive actions to improve customer satisfaction and improve customer experience with Key Solutions products
- Recommend new features and functionalities based on your customer interactions
- Work across multiple time zones with customers and with remote team members
- Other tasks as they arise which may include: assisting in the development of training materials, assisting in testing software, and assisting in the training of others
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or Technology major) and a minimum of 2 years of research administration experience directly related to the research administration of sponsored programs in a research organization.
- Experience working in a quasi-legal environment including knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations (Uniform Guidance, and the FAR) and their application to contract review & negotiation, budget review, and compliance.
- Experience working with private sector sponsors
- Strong working knowledge of common office computer applications (such as Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn specialized applications
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex issues with a professional demeanor and ability to use personal judgment to make sound decisions
- Ability to research information independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to answer phone calls and other communications from customers using tact and discretion, and document the interactions along with the customer concerns and any insights
- A passion solving problems and taking care of customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituents
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with remote team members
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be reliable, consistent and punctual with a high level of professionalism
- Resourceful, creative and excited to learn new tools, and enthusiasm to raise the bar on performance and quality every day
- Certified IRB Professional (CIP) or Certified Professional in IACUC Administration (CPIA) is a major plus
- Knowledge related to clinical research and research compliance in academic, pharmaceutical, and hospital environments is a plus.
- Experience with software applications in the health or life sciences is a plus
- Experience in a Sponsored Projects office dealing with the details of grants and contracts is a plus
- Knowledge of various funding source requirements (such as NIH, NSF, USDA, and DOD) is a plus
- Experience conducting training sessions and developing training materials
- Customer and technical support experience with demonstrated problem resolution skills
Key Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.